Your First Visit
At the first visit to our office, you will meet the doctors and staff and receive a tour of the office. A thorough medical/dental history and clinical examination will be completed, and the doctor will evaluate your orthodontic needs. This information is used to develop a custom treatment plan for each patient. We will then discuss your treatment with you in detail, including the cost for your particular case. Diagnostic records are then taken, which include plaster study models of the teeth, photos of the patient's face and teeth, and X-rays. These records are also helpful in tracking the progress of treatment as the teeth move under orthodontic care.
The day you get your appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) usually takes from one to two hours. You'll then see us at regular intervals 4 to 8 weeks apart for an adjustment, which takes 20 to 40 minutes. Our regular office hours are Monday to Thursday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Thursdays only in Big Spring 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM). Patients are seen by appointment only. We make every effort to be on time for our patients and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us immediately. Cancel only if it is an emergency. It is difficult to reschedule you since most appointments are made 4 to 8 weeks in advance.
Payment & Office Policies
The cost of treatment depends on the severity of the patient's case. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options before treatment begins. We have payment plans to suit different budgets, including a no-down-payment option. We also accept assignment from most insurance plans and we will file the necessary papers to the insurance company. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable for everyone.
In an effort to keep orthodontic fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established this financial policy:
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a fee discount. (If you have insurance, we will offer a discount for payment of your portion of the fee that will not be covered by insurance.)
- To fit your individual needs, financial arrangements can be made to extend your payments over a period of months.Outside financing through Care Credit and Capital One Financing is also available.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by ELECTRONIC DEBIT/CREDIT, VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, and DISCOVER.
- You may also make payments online 24 hours/day.
- In cases of serious delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients with temporary difficulties.
If you have insurance, we will help you to determine the coverage you have available. We ask that you assign your insurance benefit to us. The balance will be arranged for you to pay (see above). Professional care is provided to you, our patient, and not to an insurance company. Thus, the insurance company is responsible to the patient and the patient is responsible to the doctor. We will help in every way we can in filing your claim and handling insurance questions from our office on your behalf.